Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy (CDDEP) is looking to hire a Communications Associate to support the organization’s daily communications activities. The Communications Associate can be based anywhere in the world and will work closely with a team of researchers and collaborators in Washington, DC, New Delhi and other locations to disseminate research findings to media and the general public through various print and digital avenues. The candidate should have a background in public health, possess strong writing skills, and be prepared to work independently. The candidate should be available online to support CDDEP’s work across various time zones.
External Communications and Outreach
- Drafting and disseminating digital communications, including newsletters (e.g., CDDEP Weekly Digest) and press releases on topics including COVID-19, antimicrobial resistance, and global health
- Tracking ongoing research projects, coordinating press promotions as findings emerge
- Maintaining and expanding CDDEP’s social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Maintaining Internal Communications Resources
- Sustaining and developing CDDEP contacts database, including media, policy, and research lists
- Updating internal staff resources, including Brand Guidelines and bi-annual Communications Reports
Creating and Updating Web Content
- Working with CDDEP’s content management system (WordPress) to maintain CDDEP website, update content, upload new publications, presentations, and other resources
- Soliciting content, drafting and editing blog posts
- Ensuring content accuracy, finding images for content, and communicating with website maintenance organization regarding issues.
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Science or related field and 2-3 years of experience working in non-profit communications or public health and should be highly motivated, creative, intellectually curious, and able to work independently. Candidates should also possess the following qualities:
- Strong interest and background in global health– undergraduate/graduate emphasis on public policy, international relations, global health, epidemiology, communications or journalism preferred
- Highly organized with superior written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders and audiences
- Ability to synthesize complex scientific and economic research for a lay audience
- Experience with social media
- Experience managing website using WordPress (preferred)
- Familiarity with MailChimp (preferred)
How to apply
CDDEP is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (no more than 5 pages), and three references by email to [email protected]. Please include “[YOUR NAME] – Communication Associate” in the email subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application deadline: September 21, 2021
Principals only. EOE. Women & minorities are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.
CDDEP is a public health research organization with headquarters in Washington, D.C. and New Delhi, India. Its mission is “to produce independent, multidisciplinary research to advance the health and wellbeing of human populations around the world.” Founded in 2009, CDDEP and its team of economists, epidemiologists, disease modelers, policy and risk analysts carry out research on malaria, antibiotic resistance, disease control priorities, environmental health, alcohol and tobacco, and various other diseases. Research is divided across four areas: disease dynamics and behavior, disease dynamics and information structure, delivery of new technologies for disease control, and innovative financing. More information about CDDEP can be found at www.cddep.org.