The One Health Trust is looking for a creative, innovative fundraiser who can leverage our significant research output, policy, and public health impact to help expand our resource base for future growth. The Fundraising Coordinator must be detail-oriented, organized, and have previous experience with non-profit fundraising, including large grants and digital fundraising. Their role will focus on demonstrating the need for OHT’s One Health research, education, and communications work while communicating the impact of OHT’s research projects and support to public health.
The Fundraising Coordinator will work closely with OHT’s Communication Manager and report to the Associate Director for Partnerships at OHT. The applicant can be based anywhere; however, having work experience or networks in Africa or Asia is desirable. This is a remote position that may require some travel.
Develop fundraising strategies
- Develop fundraising strategies to support our groundwork in India and Africa, with a focus on digital fundraising and events to attract large donors.
- Cultivate and maintain relations with existing and potential donors.
- Coordinate with OHT teams to support resource mobilization at the global, regional, and country level.
- Package current initiatives and research at OHT for resource mobilization.
- Maintain awareness of program goals and budgets.
External communication and outreach
- Support the preparation of donor prospects and communication materials for donors and partners.
- Prepare a high-quality, impact-driven, annual progress report on OHT projects and activities.
- Build engaging donor journeys, nurturing automation and manual processes through email, content, landing pages, and social media channels
Internal coordination with OHT teams
- Coordinate grant writing with OHT teams, ensuring that proposed actions are persuasively described and aligned with OHT’s mission.
- Coordinate deployment of emails and collaborate with OHT communications colleagues to execute digital fundraising efforts, test digital fundraising initiatives, and optimize campaign conversions.
- Pull and track data for email messaging, fundraising performance, and newsletter engagement, and execute A/B testing plans to optimize emails and web forms.
- Develop communication plans the OHT communications team and researchers can use when interacting with the public on webinars and podcasts, as well as respective donors on email, social media, and other channels.
- Give direction on any fundraising-related visual assets developed for campaigns and fundraising efforts
Fundraising database management
- Map donor landscape as it pertains to OHT mission and projects.
- Update and maintain donor databases.
- Oversee updates of fundraising pages.
- Monitor grant opportunities and direct awareness of specific opportunities to relevant teams (e.g., specific research areas, communications, etc.)
Required experience and skills
- A minimum of three years of demonstrable experience in fundraising for non-profits, developing partnerships, and mobilizing resources to support philanthropic or health-related business goals and objectives.
- Experience with digital fundraising through social media, peer-to-peer, email, live stream, and/or crowdfunding.
- Experience building relationships with diverse communities.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (no more than 5 pages), and three references by email to [email protected] with the following subject line: Fundraising Coordinator (Remote). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About One Health Trust
The One Health Trust (OHT) uses research and stakeholder engagement to improve the health and well-being of our planet and its inhabitants. OHT continues and builds on the work of the Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy (CDDEP), which for more than a decade has conducted vitally important research on major global health challenges, including Covid-19, antimicrobial resistance, hospital infections, tuberculosis, malaria, pandemic preparedness and response, vaccines, medical oxygen shortages, and noncommunicable diseases. OHT’s work now expands to take on issues related to climate change, biodiversity protection, and the effect of changing human diets on the planet.
At OHT, we believe that answers to the world’s most critical questions lie between disciplines. Accordingly, our researchers employ a range of expertise—from economics, epidemiology, disease modeling, and risk analysis to clinical and veterinary medicine, geographic information systems, and statistics—to conduct actionable, policy-oriented research.
OHT has offices in Washington, D.C., and Bangalore, India, with researchers based in North America, Africa, and Asia. Our projects lead to policy recommendations and scientific studies published in leading journals. We are experienced in addressing country-specific and regional issues as well as global challenges. Our research is renowned for innovative approaches to design and analysis, and we communicate our work to diverse stakeholders.