The Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy (CDDEP) seeks a medical oxygen technical expert for the OxygenForIndia National Oxygen Grid initiative. The position will be based in Bangalore.
About this Project
OxygenForIndia is a volunteer-run campaign to deliver lifesaving medical oxygen to those who need it the most, as quickly as possible. Our goal is to ensure that no one in India dies due to the lack of medical oxygen. In the short term, we are deploying 40,000 reusable oxygen cylinders and 20,000 oxygen concentrators in 20 urban and rural centers across India. Meanwhile, CDDEP is working in partnership with other organizations to establish a stable, reliable oxygen supply system for India for the long term.
The goal of the national oxygen grid is to solve the problem of oxygen shortages across India both during the Covid pandemic and beyond. The national oxygen grid is a monitoring and coordination platform for all the medical oxygen-related demand, production, storage, and transportation across the country. The goal of the grid is to enable adequate and easy availability of oxygen across the country, both during normal times and during emergencies when the oxygen demand spikes. More information about CDDEP can be found at www.oxygenforindia.org and www.cddep.org.
About the Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy
CDDEP produces independent, multidisciplinary research to advance the health and wellbeing of human populations in the United States and around the world. CDDEP was founded with the objective of using research to support better decision-making in health policy. Tackling today’s greatest challenges—whether climate change, pandemics, or drug resistance—requires an approach that recognizes the interactions among the environment, animals, and humans.
About the One Health Trust
The One Health Trust (OHT) employs interdisciplinary expertise to address issues related to infectious diseases, climate change, biodiversity protection, and the effect of changing human diets on the planet. OHT is the successor to the Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy (CDDEP), which since 2010 has conducted actionable research on major global health challenges like antimicrobial resistance, malaria, pandemic response, vaccination coverage, and noncommunicable diseases.
Expanding on CDDEP’s innovative approaches, OHT’s experts—economists, epidemiologists, modelers, clinicians, and statisticians—conduct actionable, policy-oriented research to improve health and well-being worldwide. Our projects are global in scope, spanning Africa, Asia, and North America, and include scientific studies and policy engagement.
About This Job
The Technical Expert (Medical Oxygen) will work closely with the core team at CDDEP/OHT and key stakeholders. His/her role will include:
- Providing technical inputs for the development of a transparent management information system/ platform to monitor the demand, supply and efficient use of oxygen throughout the state for the state oxygen grid and national level for the national oxygen grid
- Reviewing all the existing oxygen related MIS available and in use in the oxygen ecosystem to prevent any overlapping and ensuring synergetic effect of the new platform with the existing system.
- Mapping the existing and latent oxygen demand at national, state, district level with respect to different medical condition like cardiovascular, respiratory, pregnancy, trauma, etc.
- Gathering and presenting relevant information related to the oxygen ecosystem as required at different stages of development of the Grid
- Providing connects with different oxygen stakeholders as required at different stages of development and piloting of the Grid
- Leading discussions with all external oxygen experts who are involved in the development process
- Assessing the efficiency and robustness of the IT platform in the backdrop of the knowledge of the working of the existing oxygen ecosystem in India
- He/she will report to the Team leader – National Oxygen Grid
- The supervisor may assign other tasks as needed
We seek applicants with backgrounds in public health and/or management. Candidates must have BA/BS, although an MA/MS is preferred.
Knowledge and experience of working in the oxygen domain is mandatory. A minimum of 5 years of work experience in similar fields is required.
We especially seek individuals with great attention to detail and follow through. The applicants must have strong writing, communication, and team skills. Applicants must be well organized and have the ability to work independently.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references by email to [email protected] with the following subject line: Technical Expert- Medical Oxygen. Incomplete applications will not be considered.